New Year, New House, New Studio!


Hi friends! I’m back! 

I was on hiatus during December as I finished up the school year and moved house just before Christmas. Now that I’ve settled in and set up my studio space in our front room, I’m ready to get back into this artist biz.

So, here’s my new space!



It has south and east facing windows, so the light is pretty consistent and soft through the day. Although it is small, it has double doors that open into the front hallway and lounge, so it feels quite big! And it feels connected to the house, not tucked away like an afterthought. Now that I have it set up and I’ve spent a few days in here, it feels like the perfect space for me to create.

My cat, Mr Meow, exploring the new studio!
I haven’t had a space to call a studio before. Previously I had been using our kitchen table, which meant constantly unpacking and packing my supplies away around mealtimes. Having a designated space feels wonderfully luxurious as I can simply close the door and leave my process where it is, ready to pick it up where I left it next time. I’m hoping that with this permanent and dedicated space my genius will want to hang out here – since she’s not being interrupted by dinner! Mostly, it's just the cats that hang out! Interestingly, though, I have noticed it is much easier to get started and keep it going in my new space, so far at least.

I’ve just upgraded to this large table too, which is big enough to lay out my supplies and have my collection of oddities around. I house a large collection of gemstones and other natural items, such as a polished coconut husk bowl, feathers and an owl carved out of horn... just because I like them! It's so nice to have them all around me. To look at, touch and talk to.

Researching and scrapbooking my inspirations


So 2019 has started on a high for me. I'm pretty excited to have this new space, and I'm looking forward to sharing my creations with you!

So until then,

Erin

Comments

Popular Posts